Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Inspiration

Art is a beautiful thing. The way that a person can put something as intangible as emotion into physical form is absolutely awing. I love all forms of art, but I must admit that I am biased towards dance. I have been dancing since I was four years old, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Tonight was the opening night of a performance I was in. I must say, the feeling one gets when under those lights on stage never gets old. Something about the adrenaline rushing through your veins, the lights hot on your face, and sweat running down your back makes it all so thrilling. The months of stress, tears, and preparation finally seem worthwhile. You are giving the most vulnerable thing you have to the audience: your emotions. To be your own instrument of art is something sacred and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment